Monday, October 27, 2014

The Finale

On the first meeting (#FNBclass) we were told that we're going to establish our own restaurant. Not just a restaurant, but a fine dining restaurant. So we had to come up with a name and a logo. We had to make our own organizational chart too so that every job will be divided equally to each person. We also had to come up with our own menu (searching for recipes, calculating the food costs and the selling prices). It was not an easy process but we did it anyway and it was a success! I was the Kitchen Supervisor at first but our Restaurant Manager decided that I should be assigned with a partner for the main dishes which I gladly accepted. =)

Basically we had 15 recipes all in all. And my partner and I prepared 3 out of 15 which were the main dishes. So we had different chefs for the appetizers, the soups, the main dishes, and the desserts. It was like a real restaurant and it felt like we were real professional chefs and I had the most amazing experience. I mean, I had amazing experiences from my subjects this semester but this class (#FNBclass) was the most amazing. =)

I'm really thankful for my professor on this subject for all the things (useful things) that he taught us and for letting us apply them while we are still on the learning process. Thank you also to my hardworking classmates for giving their best best best! And also for the all the people who dined with us that evening (Oct. 22) and for your feedback. Thank you also to the almighty Father for the success of Olio Restaurant and for guiding us throughout the operation. Peace out! \/^-^\/

Me, Myself, and I

The Olio Team

No comments:

Post a Comment